Aluminum cans have clear benefits over glass. Some of these include:
- Recyclable: They are more recyclable. (significantly higher percentage of cans gets recycled due to the fact that old glass is not economical to recycle without subsidies from the government). Aluminum has higher value as a bulk commodity making it more lucrative to recycle and therefore increasing the recycling rates.
- Safer: Aluminum is safer and often the only choice for drinking around swimming areas, sporting events etc and obviously do not shatter like glass and less likely to be used as a weapon than glass.
- Lighter: Cans are significantly lighter than glass
- Impervious to light: Cans keep the beverage in complete darkness meaning your beer will never get light struck or damaged by light. This keeps the beverage in significantly better condition especially if drinking outdoors in sunlight.
- Hermetic Seal: Unlike bottles that leak very small amounts of oxygen into the beverage and allow small amount of CO2 loss, aluminum cans are completely impervious to gas transmission meaning the beverage stays fresher for longer. This is particularly the gas for O2 ingress that shortens the shelf life of beer and reduces beer freshness and quality. It is the ultimate beer storage container for this reason alone.
You can order as much as we can get from 1 to n. These have been packed in sanitary conditions however due to the nature of the product we would recommend that you sanities before use.
This can design has the “big gulp” opening design that makes the cans easier to drink out of.
Dents in Transit
It is expected that you get up to 5% of the cans with dents in transit or damage in transit so please factor that into the purchase when you buy these cans. We would prefer if customers would pick up the cans from our premises to avoid freight damage however if you would like them shipped to you please expect that some cans might be dented or damaged. Empty aluminum cans are quite delicate. If we were to pack these in more expensive cardboard box it would be more expensive than simply having some dented/sacrificial cans arrive.
be sure you have a Can Seamer to close the can after filling with your Gold (beer), otherwise your can can’t be closed.
We offer at our brewery that you can rent a Keg, to bring your beer to us and we canning and labeling it for you, or you can do it by your self with our instructions. (coming soon)